Sunday, November 1, 2009

2 states, The Red book


I am sorry. I mistrusted Chetan Bhagat. I thought he would write another story which will end in style and glamour, asking for a Bollywood transformation. Even my cousin, who read it the day it was published, said the plot is perfect for a Bollywood movie. So, I almost decided that I will not read the book.
But my father, who read all the three books of chetan bhagat, couldn’t stop himself buying the book. When he told me about it, I was reading The Godfather. Two days before, I completed The Godfather. And was getting dubious which book to start first, White Tiger of Arvind Adiga or The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Incidentally, I took the red book and thought to give it a try. So, I started reading it. And then I read it, I read it, I read it. Till I reached the epilogue. And I accepted my defeat as Chetan again proved that he is a genius and a very marvelous writer.
The book is a story of Chetan’s marriage, with the detailed description of every character and every incident. All the incidents are closer to reality, which is the reason I liked it. They are purely from the heart and shows the actual scenario of the marriages. Dowry, Ego, Love, Parental affection, Fear, Spirituality and many etc. I must make a note here specially. Chetan’s wife is a real daredevil, and the guts she carries amused me the most. Even if Chetan says that the book is a work of fiction, but the previous sentence is a reality. That’s because I had the same feeling when I read his “One night at the Call Centre”. It also has some daredevil incidents of her wife(maybe).
We have a sentence in hindi which was my reaction after I read the book. “Mazaa aa gaya”.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I came here through TF where you had posted some of your stories. Really liked them :) (otherwise i wudn't be here :D)

    The purpose of my comment is to suggest you something (if you don't mind of course)
    You see readers (like me) would really find it helpful (not to mention easy) if you could tag all your stories so that we can or provide their link in the sidebar (i know that could be a little hard work) so that we can browse through them without having to go through all posts. (In fact, i would say why don't you tag all your post like 'reviews', 'books', 'movies', etc)
    I also noticed that some of your stories are in parts and they are not consecutive posts :(. If you could keep the post title same for for all the parts as well as add the story name in the tag I would like to read them all.
    You see I came here to read them but the amount of time that I have to spend for finding them is a little too much. :( I hope you get my point.

    In case you like my suggestion and decide to at least tag all your stories, do drop me a line at my blog. I will be waiting to read them. In case you don't like my suggestion... well in that case, i will visit your blog again when i have ample time to browset through all posts :D

    Happy writing! You write quite well. keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry man... i read your comment quite after a long time. i would definitely do what u have said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think, u have become chetal hard core fan!
    well! i havenot read this novel but yes!i have read the white tiger! its really awesome!but this blog is insisting me to read 2 states!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments

Classifieds