Friday, January 1, 2010

Ressurection Part I



“Any orders sir?”
“Yes. Can I get a Cappucino? And do you have anything to eat now?
“Of course sir, we have oatmeal and sandwiches. Fresh breads will also arrive in few minutes.”
“Hmm. Okay, so do one thing. Please give me one strong cappuccino as fast as possible. Then I will have some breakfast of bread and orange juice when it arrives. But the coffee first.”
“Of Course sir. Anything else?”
“And yes, can you give me the newspaper if it has arrived?”
“Sure sir.”

……………………………….. few minutes later…………………………….
“Hi Mary, how are you sweetheart?”
“Hey Aadi. Isn’t it too early you arrived at office?”
“I have a presentation today. First time after I was promoted last month. Am quite nervous since last night. Couldn’t even enjoy with my friends properly. Arrived early today so that I can cut the tension a bit.”
“Oh. Then how can I help you cut your tensions?”
“As of now, a sweet coffee served with your soft hands.”
As Mary turns around, Aditya started looking around and saw the guy sitting with a newspaper across the hall.
“Hey Mary. Who is that guy sitting over there?”
“You don’t know him? He is our company’s Finance Manager. He is the one behind your promotion.”
“Oh. Is he Tarun Sir? Man, he is too young for his post.”
“He really is a heartthrob. Within few weeks of his arrival, he became the lunchtime chat of all ladies of our company. Calm, composed, awesome personality. You can actually feel the aura talking to him.”
“I saw him today only. Need to take this golden opportunity to talk to this hot cake of our company. Okay, do one thing, send my coffee to the table.”
“Best of luck. He doesn’t speak much actually.”


“Hi. Sorry to disturb you. But can I join you?”
Tarun looks up to him and says benevolently. “Ofcourse” and started glancing at the newspaper again.
“Thank you. Hi. I am…”
“I know. You are Aditya Arora. Senior Research Manager, R&D Department. Please have a seat.”
Aditya was bold over by the information kept by his front. He started wondering whether he knew the names of all the staff of the company, near about a thousand atleast. He himself still wasn’t well versed with all the names of his department only. Tarun was back to his paper.
“Were you here whole night?”
“Yes.” Tarun looked up again and thought that it would be unethical if he didn’t give an ear to him. He folded the newspaper and kept it on the table.
“I was actually doing an important work which got completed at dawn only. So, there was no point of going back home today. You here so early in the morning?
“Oh yes. I have a presentation at 9am. Came early to prepare for it. It’s my first presentation actually.”
Aditya’s coffee arrived too.
“Sir, the breads are yet to arrive. Do you want something else?”
“No. Its fine. You just ensure that I get the first bite of the fresh bread arriving.”
Mary left.
“Do you want to go to the verandah and have the coffee? It’s a sunny morning after so many days.”
“Ofcourse. Mary, we are outside. Just inform me when my breakfast is ready.”
………………………………
“So, do you have a family here?” Tarun asks Aditya.
“No. My family is at Chandigarh. We are natives of Punjab. Where do you belong?”
“Delhi. I have grown up there. My whole childhood was spent in Delhi before I came here to work.”
“Great. Do you miss your family?”
“Kind of. But I remain busy with my work. Only the Saturdays and Sundays are little boring to spend.”
“I completely miss my family. It feels very different here. Never went so far from them. But when you haven’t got your family, your friends are always with you. I have a group here in Mumbai. Old Buddies of School. All of us had a stint of fate to get each other’s company in this unknown terrain. Friends are life, they are refreshment. I am sure, you too have friends.”
Tarun’s eyes filled with blankness, as if his past revisited to haunt him. “Yes, I used to have.” And he got transported to the day he last had the meeting with his school friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments

Classifieds