Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And the Award Goes To........


I wanted to write this for a month now. But I stopped myself till the Oscars, not because I was unsure of him, but I wanted the people to believe too that he is a gift to India.
A.R.Rahman, the great musician of India, found his way to Oscars from Slumdog Millionaire and proved that India is way more advance and diverse than the west for its art. I was tiptoed till they announced his name for Best Original Score and Best Original Song, and after he got it, I was happy that India brought two more Oscars home, just to know that Resel Pookutty has already won one.
There were three nominations for the Best Original Song, the other one was of Wall-E. It was prudent that Rahman will take the Golden Lady home because the other song was not up to the standards of what our Indian has created. And when you have two nominations in the same department, you leave no questions unanswered, the winner was all clear from the start, and I think, Thomas Newman also knew it.
In a previous blog, I tipped of an incident when I was in a debate with my friend about Himesh vs Rahman. Well, I reminded him the incident telling him, “ab dekh, kaun kiska baap hai.” And he denied of any such incident.
Later in the news, I was watching Mika giving an interview boasting about his bodyguard, who was a part of Slumdog Millionaire, the hunk in the Javed’s Gang. When asked if he wants to get nominated for Oscar, he said surely. I thought in mind it would take him a new birth to make such sensational music.
The song, Jai-ho, was a song originally for Yuvvraaj, the musical debacle by Subhash Ghai. Maybe Subhash is thinking that the song would have given him a hit, but I think he did the right job, else Rehman would have got only one nomination. And also, I think the song is one of the OK-OK song of Rehman. I never thought it is upto the mark of Oscar, although I thought that O-Saya would definitely win. That is because we. Indians have listened so much of A.R.Rahman that Jai ho doesn’t count in his best songs. I told my mother that if Hollywood listens to the compositions of Rehman, I am sure they are gonna give him the Golden Lady after every song they listen.
For us, A.R.Rahman is a god of music already. I have read and heard interviews of many Indian music composers, and all of them have Rehman in their top rival. This Oscar will give Rahman the global recognition. And it has taken them 20 years to find him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments

Classifieds