Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Smell of the Nature’s Gift


It is bit unusual to see the roads getting drenched at the right time of the year in Delhi. More or less, it rains when you least expect it too. Last year, it was during the summers of May and June, when the sun is expected to be at its full rage. Although for Delhi, the situation is different. Even the Meteorological Department of Delhi is unable to track the weather. I have been seeing this for almost two years for now, that the nature is making fun of this department constantly. And the department almost everytime finds a reason for the unheralded change of weather.
It is month of February and just the season when you can the maximum greenery of the year. But as the world temperatures are changing, I least expect this season to be visible enough. Most of the time, it’s the summer and the winter season taking the count to only two out of four.
As I was sitting on my pc working on my Telecommunication project, the air gushed through my window with a lot of dust going into my mouth(I just started to yawn as I was tired pressing keys back2back). Only then, my mother asked me to pick the clothes in the balcony. As I entered in the balcony, I smelled what is, I think, the most sensational, smooth and complete fragrance of my life. The smell of the drenched dust. It is just awesome, that’s because I am unable to define it in words. I decided to pick the clothes and keep them in the room, and I again came back to the balcony to spend some time outside.
As I stood at the corner of my balcony, I took a deep breath and the fragrance filled each single part of my body with energy. It diminished the tire in me, although my eyes were still hurting by the constant exposure of my monitor. I sat down and closed them so that they could also get some relief before getting worked up again. The dust settled down chilling the mercury down. The breeze was rejuvenating.
I love to get wet in rain, but somehow it rains whenever I am in my home. Many a times, it gets cloudy when I am on the road. But as soon as I enter in my house, the water starts falling, as if it somehow gets the idea not to soak me up with even light rainfall. For those who don’t like rain may find it lucky, but for me its very boring. I think rain has a sense of romanticism in it. And since I belong to India, our Hindi Film Industry also believes this. I don’t remember one romantic song which didn’t end up in rain. It may sound pathetic as a lot of water drains up but the formula still works.
I was waiting for the rain to start, my mother called me for dinner and again the wish was left incomplete. As I sat on the table to gulp up the rice, it started raining, quite hard. My mother closed the door I left open hurrily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments

Classifieds